Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I'm back!

I feel that that statement was in need of an exclamation mark, although I don't think that being back here, moaning about my job is necessarily something I should be excited about...

I hate my job.

Really hate it.

I felt sick this morning because I didn't want to go but knew that I had to... It's a very unpleasant feeling in One's gut in case you have managed somehow never to have experienced it.

'Are you bored there?' I hear you ask. The answer would be a short but resounding yes. But now I find I have grown bored of the monotony of the constant, overbearing and demanding workload, rather than because of a lack of a workload altogether!

It's not the boredom thing this time though, that has made this job quite so unbearable for me. I now have infinitely more painful things to deal with, far more depressing than not having anything to do all day. Namely, these problems are... My colleagues.

The 'things' of nightmares.


May I introduce you to the people that I have the utmost displeasure of spending up to eleven constant hours a day with, for five long days a week*.

There is (in alphabetical order to show no favouritism):

The Bully

The Bitch

The Snake

The Complete Pratt

The Teenage Oracle

These names may not seem particularly imaginative upon first sight, but as you will soon come to realise, they are perfectly matched to their owners.

I have a distinct feeling you will get to know these people incredibly well in the days and weeks to come...


*that is a LOT of hours, especially considering that I am only paid for 7 of them per day.

2 Comments:

At 5/09/2007 10:59 am , Blogger roGER said...

Oh Amy!

I'm SO HAPPY you are back.

Yes I am looking forward to 'meeting' your colleagues although am already sadly familiar with "The Complete Prat" and "The Snake" here.

Right I'm going to stop before I become "The Complete Prat II," or even "The Stalker."

 
At 5/24/2007 4:01 pm , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter