Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Name and Shame!

Still no work to do but...

I have just encountered possibly the rudest person I have ever had the misfortune to meet and I thought that I should share.

Although this must be the quietest reception ever, we do get the odd person coming in and out once in a while. On this occasion it was a grey haired man looking for Allen.

Allen wasn't here, he'd actually just left about two minutes before. "Bye Kim" he called to me as he left!

Not being psychic, I didn't have a clue where Allen had gone or when he would be back.

I asked the intruder to sign in and to take a seat while I tried to find Allen's PA to see where he may be. Perfectly reasonable I thought.

"I won't actually" he said (very sternley) "I'll stand".

"Okaaaaaaay" I replied as I walked off in search of the doolalley PA.

Couldn't find her.

I came back to see him and explained I couldn't find her, keeping up-beat and bubbly at all times (receptionists are supposed to be 'bubbly' aren't they?)...

He looked straight at me, square in the eyes "you're not much use really are you".

That's what he said!

What?!

How can he speak to people like that? I had to let him get away with it too. I couldn't exactly say "...and you're very rude really aren't you" - although I wish I had.

I think you should be named and shamed... Professor Turner.

Professor of what? Up-your-own-arseness?

Silly man.


(This doesn't sound that bad now that I am reading it back, but it was. His rudeness really took me back. No need for it really)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter