Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Cold remedies

As I have nothing at all to do here, ever, I have spent the morning researching herbal remedies for colds and flu. Once I had compiled my extensive shopping list I popped to the health food shop around the corner to stock up on my supplies. I was limiting myself to £10, which I stuck to quite well. I now have garlic capsuals, super strength vitamin C, ginger and echineacea.

I also came out with a bag of dried dates and two vegetarian sausage rolls. The dates are lovely but the sausage rolls were like purple salt wrapped in cardboard. Horrible. I tend to get carried away in the health food shop because everything looks so tasty and good for you. Now I know not to be fooled by things made with brown flour or organic labelling. Until next time.

That's all I've done today though. A bit of online research and some active preparation for the prevention of a cold. Allen is sick at the moment, grumpy and spluttering, and I don't want to catch what he has - that's what motivated me actually. Everyone seems to be on the brink of getting a cold here, teetering on the edge. It travels through the air con so no-one is safe. Just for once I would like to avoid the germs.

Especially as it's only the second day of November.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter