Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Slightly larger than average smart men's shoes

I have just spent my entire lunch break scouring the shops for some size twelve 'smart' shoes for my boyfriend. I unwittingly received some worryingly odd glances while perusing the mountains of footwear that were on offer. Is it so weird, a girl looking for a pair of large, smart, men's shoes?

Apparently so.

Would I like to try any on? Urm.. No, thanks!

I didn't find any by the way, it was an incredibly fruitless expedition.

I actually spent the morning looking on t'internet first - I thought that it would be the easier option, but that was hopeless too. I ended up googling 'size 12 men's shoes' (rather than going by shop name which came up with nothing and proved to be a waste of my very precious time), but this produced some truly hideous results. Just because he has slightly larger than average feet does not mean that he needs a two inch wooden heel, mock crock skin with velcro fasteners, or grips suitable for a hike up Kilimanjaro.

He desperately needs new shoes for work because he currently has two gaping holes on his heals where the sole is literally coming away from the rest of the shoe. When he walks, from the back it looks like his shoes are having a conversation with one another - the holes being the chattering mouths. They're probably having a good old moan about how they've been horribly mistreated and left to get into such a sorry state. In this weather it's not very practical, and in an office it's not very professional. Tramp.

I am going to have one last search on t'internet this afternoon - I think I may have a spare four and a half hours or so...

If I still can't find any after that though, he's on his own! I'll hold my hands up and admit defeat. I will hang my head in shame. I failed. I can do no more. He can do his own shopping for his slightly larger than average smart shoes instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter