Friday, October 28, 2005

Long weekend

When I left my house this morning it was dark and the heavy rain was bouncing off the pavement.

When I got to the train station I was soaked and it was packed because the trains were delayed.

When the train finally appeared I took no prisoners and pushed my way through to make sure I got a seat. I had to squeeze myself into it, in between two other people, but I was so happy to be able to sit down...

...Until I realised I was sitting opposite an incredibly stern and unpleasant woman and a horribly obedient man.

"No. I don't like boiled carrots. Do I."

"No. You're not always there to pick me up on time. Are you."

"You know you don't have to use the long stay car park at the airport if you are only going for a weekend away. Don't you."

I tried not to listen but I couldn't help it. I tried not to stare, but I couldn't help that either. Nasty woman. I felt really sorry for that man. He looked mortally embarrassed.

Anyway, on a much happier note, I heard on the news this morning that the clocks go back this weekend. I am holding onto that thought and it is helping me get through the day. A lovely long weekend*... Ahhhhh

*It's actually only 1 hour extra, but it makes all the difference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter