Friday, December 02, 2005

Invisible temp

Oh dear.

I was supposed to be training a new temp today, who is due to cover me on Monday and Tuesday next week. I wasn't looking forward to yet another training day, but I had resigned myself to the fact that it had to be done.

It's now 16:25 though and she hasn't turned up...

Now, I am in a dilemma;

Do I bring this to the attention of the lady who isn't really my boss but kind of watches over me, so that she knows the cover that comes on Monday hasn't been trained? Do I call the man that hates me but arranged the cover to tell him that she's awol? (He'll definitely shout at me because he always shouts at me!) Do I risk having to hang around this evening until she comes so that I can show her what to do? Or shall I just be really bad, leave it and pretend I forgot?

Urmm...

I think I'll be really bad, leave it and pretend I forgot!

3 Comments:

At 12/02/2005 4:42 pm , Blogger Patrick said...

How do you train someone to sit around and do nothing all day?

 
At 12/02/2005 5:11 pm , Blogger Amy Knight said...

Exactly! It's really embarrassing! Last time I had to do it I spent the whole time apologising! Take a look at my previous post called "Training Day" for the full horror! I'm actually quite glad I haven't had to go through that again today! Amy

 
At 12/02/2005 5:35 pm , Blogger Patrick said...

well, it took me a bit to find your post "training day", but thank you, since it took about 12.25 minutes. Its only 10:30 am here and i too have a very very very long day ahead. Seems your not the only one in the universe who has "that" sort of job. I'm sure they keep us here for something, yet i'm not sure what it is as of yet. I'll be sure to check in on your blog... i'm looking forward to your posts! :)
oh,, btw,, i enjoyed reading "training Day"

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter