Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Air of displeasure

I think I may have an air of displeasure about me today as three people have asked me if I'm happy in my job...

Ah well, with nothing to lose I've told them the truth!

I have that feeling about me, the one that you get when you know when you are leaving. Almost that it is all finally coming to an end. Normally it's when you hand your notice in - I think it's the sense of relief that you feel. I do know that I am not going to stay on past the six months that I originally signed for, which means that I only have to claw my way through December and January - but that's still quite a long time in the grand scheme of things, so I don't know why I keep telling everyone that I'm leaving!!

I have two more days off next week - it seems like I'm always off at the moment (not that that's a bad thing - in fact, it's a very, very good thing)! I have a horrible feeling that I won't come back after Christmas and that's while I'm feeling like it's nearly all over. A three day week and two full weeks and I'm done. I hope I do come back though, just until the end of January, because starting the year as an unemployed bum would be a pretty poor start to my 26th year on the planet!*

Oh no.

Watch out.

Take cover.

I can sense a premature mid-life crisis looming in the midst!

---------------

*Or would it me my 27th year on the planet? There is year 0 which is still a year but isn't counted as 1, so when I turn 26 i'll really be starting my 27th year... That's right isn't it? I think that makes sense.

That means i'm coming to the end of my 26th year... Oh noooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter