Monday, January 09, 2006

Bird Flu Spreads

I was just browsing the BBC News website (for the nth time today) and noticed that one of the main stories is "Bird Flu spreads in Turkey".

For a moment I wondered did it mean turkey the bird, or Turkey the country?

Then I thought "How apt for a country that shares it's name with a bird to have bird flu.." (I may be making myself sound somewhat politically incorrect here by talking about such a subject in such a frivolous way, but I mean no harm, honest. It's just the way my brain works!)

My train of thought moved swiftly on to "I wonder if there are any other countries that share their name with birds?"

I now endeavor to find out. Should keep me occupied until 5pm at least!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter