Thursday, October 13, 2005

Breakfast

I've taken to eating my breakfast at my desk. I don't have time when I'm at home, plus it's too early so I'm not really hungry and I just end up feeling sick.

There is never anyone else here when I get in - with the exception of one woman who pounces on me as soon as I walk in the door nearly every day to complain that the coffee machine is being cleaned - furious that she will have to wait two minues to make a cup. Why she doesn't adjust her morning routine and visit the kitchen five minutes earlier, or five minutes later in the day I'll never know. She shouts at the coffee machine cleaner, moans at me, and doesn't get her coffee any sooner - ever. She is definitely not someone who learns through repetition.

Anyway, by waiting until I get to work to eat my bran flakes I get to eat a nice leisurely breakfast, get paid for doing so, and take up a few otherwise empty minutes by doing something 'constructive'...

To keep it cheap I bring my own cereal in and use the company's milk. I get a weird satisfaction from using their milk, I don't know why!

I bring my cereal in in a tupperware box - keeps it fresh and is a good sized bowl - perfect! (what a great advert for tupperware). Thing is, it always seems a bit contaminated because we have another tupperware pot just like this at home which we have used, on more than one occasion, to clean cat poo from the carpet... The thought puts me off my breakfast slightly.

Oh god, what if this is the pot that we use when we clean up cat poo...

I think I may skip my breakfast tomorrow.

1 Comments:

At 10/13/2005 11:02 am , Blogger roGER said...

Never mind the cat poo hang-ups, what's the Kim count today?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter