Thursday, November 03, 2005

They work!!!

Oh my goodness, I just had the most bizarre telephone conversation to start the day and I can't quite believe my ears...

Caller: "Security control here"

Me: "Helloooo!"

Caller: "We had a bit of an incident last night"

Me: "Did we?" (a bit surprised, nothing ever happens here)

Caller: "We did indeed, somebody tried to exit the building..."

Me: "Yeeeeess?"

Caller: "...And they accidentally pressed the panic alarm button at your desk, instead of the door release"

Me: (Gulp) "Oh"

Caller: "Mmmmm"

Me: "I think I might know who it was actually - someone who forgot their pass yesterday, I'll ask him when he gets in"

Caller: "We have a picture of him"

Me: (Big gulp) "Oh!... A picture?... That's clever!... Is he bald?"

Caller: "Yes, fairly tall, wearing a dark suit, with a full length black umbrella"

Me: "Ah yes, that's the one"

Caller: "I'll re-set the panic alarm, please tell him not to make the same mistake again"

Me: "Will do, thaaanks"

Oh... Lordy....

What on earth? Suddenly the panic alarm AND the security cameras work!!

That's funny!

2 Comments:

At 11/03/2005 3:11 pm , Blogger Sj said...

Maybe they'll just install a camera over your desk?

(They have done that at my workplace before..but always with the police involved or so I was told...)

 
At 11/09/2005 4:39 pm , Blogger Amy Knight said...

I have one above me in front of my desk, and one above me behind my desk. The one in front will be super borning as it will just show me staring blankly at my computer screen for 8 hours a day. The one behind me might be slightly more interesting as it exposes me for not doing a single bit of work. Although they take moving images, I bet it looks like the image is stuck most of the time as I hardy move a muscle all day!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter