Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Right in the middle...

Just my luck.

Yesterday afternoon at about quarter past four, with still no sign of my new boss, I started writing the following post.

Title: Sicky feeling.

Post: I am actually so bored I am starting to feel sick.

Because I was, and I did.

Unfortunately, before I got to publish it I heard loud (jovial) talking just outside the door - one voice I recognised well and one that I didn't. The one that I instantly recognised was the lady that did this 'job' before me, she's nice and generally a bit loud... The voice that I didn't recognise was my new boss! As they walked through the door I was clicking furiously to get rid of what was on my screen while looking at them, smiling, trying to converse and pretending to give them my full attention! It didn't work, because every time I tried to close the window I was given a second chance of whether I was sure, whether I was sure I was sure, that I wanted to close without saving... I kept clicking no (because I wasn't reading it properly) while the incriminating evidence remained like a beacon on the screen!

Needless to say, by the time I had managed to get it back onto BBC News (far more suitable I thought) I was mighty flustered!

I think I got away with it though...

Just!

Getting together with my new boss went well (more of that in a moment), but I nearly got caught for a second time when he thought he was doing the decent thing by showing me how to clear my internet history. Why? Am I really that unlucky? He came over to my desk and started tinkering on my PC. Nervous, obviously, I told him over and over that I knew how to do it already (because I do, now that one of the PA's happened upon my blog and advised me it would be a wise thing to do!) - but he kept on regardless. I was sitting here, full of dread, thinking 'all he has to do is look at the last page I was on and I will be well and truly busted'. At least there were no disparaging comments about him on there I suppose, although I still don't think that it would have made a very good first impression!

Anyway, i'm sure you'll be glad to hear he didn't look at what I had been doing with my afternoon (or every afternoon for that matter) and I got away with it!

Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter