Friday, October 14, 2005

D-day

Allen is not here today, so being called Kim is not a worry...

...Which is lucky because I have far more important things to worry about. I have been summonsed to a review meeting this afternoon so that I can 'touch base' with my boss...

The woman's not really my boss. Actually she's not anyone's boss, she's an 'Executive Assistant', but I suppose someone has to be the boss of me so it may as well be her.

It's just because 'we haven't had a chat for a while' apparently - we've never had a chat as far as I can recall, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Now I just have to plan my defence. If it's something bad "it wasn't me - honest".

What do I do if she asks me how it's going? Do I tell her I'm bored silly, I find it hard to stay awake at my desk and I dread coming to work because nine hours feels like a lifetime sent to purgatory?

Or do I lie? Do I tell her everything is great and I'm loving it, loving it, loving it?

If I'd known that this was going to happen today I would have tried to cover up the spot that still dominates my otherwise tired looking face, and would have perhaps brushed my hair this morning to make myself look a bit presentable. Now that the meeting has been sprung on me I'm going to have to wing it. I might complain about suffering with a headache - go for the sympathy approach from the offset to throw her off balance.

Not that I mind, I always think that if anyone was mean to me here I would take that as a sign that I should resign on the spot. I'd never have the guts to do that though, so it's only a wild and crazy fantasy of mine.

I'm stuck here, in this boring job, well and truly stuck.

Saying that - she might be not taking me off to have a chat, she may be taking me off to give me the sack!

Here's hoping!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter