Friday, November 11, 2005

A close shave

Phew. I just had an incredibly close shave!

The Facilities Co-ordinator just called to ask me if I was aware that I was booked on an induction course on Monday and Tuesday.

Caught terribly off guard, I said [pause, mini gulp] "Noooooo?"

Which seemed to do the trick!..

...She said she had told the trainer, who is running the course, that I mustn't have known anything about it, because I have Monday and Tuesday booked off, but not to go to an induction! She also cancelled my place (so I won't be charged) and made my apologies for me!

Just to authenticate my disappointment I said "Oh damn, there's an induction in Brighton? Ah, it would have been so nice to go down there and see everybody again!"

For once it looks like my plan has come to fruition. Now I can finally stop worrying about it and can start looking forward to a glorious five days away from here! Today may not be such a dismal day afterall...

I'll not count on that though!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter