Friday, October 21, 2005

Logo no go

I think I may have just deeply offended someone - totally by accident.

I was just checking through a box of gifts which are going to be given out next week at a big presentation / gala event / soiree type thing. First thing I've done today. They are black faux leather folders which contain a handy notepad. They're ok, as far as free gifts go, quite useful I suppose, but they are emblazoned with the [company] logo.

I could see him watching what I was doing, although he was trying to concentrate on booking a room - or was pretending to book a room so he could spy on the presents...

"Those look nice" he said finally.

"Yeah" I replied, "shame about the logo though".

"Why? Don't you like [the company]?" he instantly accused.

"It's not that" I replied, half-truthfully, "It's just all this over branding I'm not too keen on. It's like walking around with a [company] bag. I'm not too keen on that really".

"Well, if you work for [the company]..."

"Yeah" I reluctantly agreed "and it is better than nothing I suppose. And it's free!"

"Quite" he added, then left.

I strongly suspect he has a [company] bag, the matching t'shirt and cap, the mug and the mousepad and longs for a branded faux leather folder to complete the set!

3 Comments:

At 10/21/2005 2:15 pm , Blogger Amy Knight said...

I can't believe there is such a thing! The whole idea is just odd - but I will definitely recommend the site if the topic should arise again. Thanks for this! Amy

 
At 10/21/2005 4:18 pm , Blogger sirsaidrich said...

The "company" boy is probable watching you right now from the "camara".

 
At 10/21/2005 6:12 pm , Blogger Zanitram said...

Truth is he hired the bird yesterday because he knew you were going to offend him.. he doesnt need camera's.. he's psychic!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter