Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Allen's back from the US..

..And, even without keeping an official tally I can remember being called Kim 7 or 8 times today. I've responded to it just as many times, because he keeps asking me really stupid questions.

"Kim, how are you today?"

(A bit later on) "Kim, how are you this afternoon?"

"Kim, do you know Parit?"

"Kim, do I look as tired as I feel?" What?!

"Kim, I have someone coming in to see me today. Can you let me know when he arrives?"

I have responded to all of these questions, politely and with a courteous smile.

I've given up.

He says it so often I'm almost beginning to respond to it automatically. I hear 'Kim' and my ears prick up "did somebody call me?"

I know he knows that Kim is not my name. I know that for sure, because he has been hanging around outside his office a lot today and has heard people calling me Amy constantly.

They call me Amy. He watches and listens. He calls me me Kim.

I missed him while he was away...

...Hardly!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter