Friday, November 25, 2005

The joke is on me I fear...

Oh great.

A couple of (grown) men from around the corner have just taken it upon themselves to lock their boss, one of the Vice Presidents, in his office. They were due to have a meeting with him, but he was on the phone and was making them late, so they decided to 'teach him a lesson'. Unfortunately for me, the office is right next to Allen's, right in front of my desk...

"Look how funny it'll be when he tries to get out" they said - as they walked off chuckling.

I am so going to get the blame for this I know it.

Even though it has absolutely nothing to do with me, I am undoubtedly going to get the full wrath of his anger when he realises he can't get out. One of the guys said "Just call out for me when he realises he's stuck"...

...By then it will be too late. He's not exactly one for joking about, is that VP.

I've been on the receiving end of his unfounded anger before. I got the blame when someone took a chair from his office last week. Again, nothing to do with me.

He came storming out of his office, right up to my face and said "you can't just go around taking people's chairs you know".

"I didn't" I said...

...(in my head).

I chose to look through him and say nothing.

I fear I can't get away with looking away and saying nothing this time - when he realises that he is locked in his office with the keys stuck on the window on the outside.

Oh my goodness.

I'm scared!

I might go and hide somewhere until the joke is over...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter