Thursday, November 24, 2005

Leftovers?

It was so cold outside today that I was forced, against my better judgment, to eat my packed lunch in the office kitchen.

I knew before I sat down that this was most probably a bad move.

Somehow, within minutes, I had managed to offend a woman eating a ravioli concoction, by asking if she was eating leftovers for her lunch...

I didn't think that was such a bad thing - it actually points towards good planning if you ask me. Make a little more dinner than you need in the evening, keep it in the fridge overnight and re-heat it in the microwave for a warm free lunch the next day. Cheap, quick and probably a great deal healthier than what you would otherwise have bought. What more do you need?

Apparently, for her, it was deeply offensive to suggest she may be eating surplus food and no, she had actually, most definitely, cooked her pasta last night specifically to have for lunch today.

Okaaay then... (wide eyed nodding as I turned back to my book).

Touchy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter