Friday, November 04, 2005

Free reign

The lady who isn't my boss but kind of watches over me is off today.

This pleases me immensely.

Not that she's not nice, because she's ok actually. Not that she tells me what to do, because she doesn't (mainly because there isn't anything to do!)... I just feel more relaxed knowing that she isn't here for some reason.

I thought that I would really be able to take advantage of this new found freedom today.

Firstly, I planned to be late. Not really late, just 15 minutes or so. I could actually be late everyday and no-one would know because I start at a time most others are still in bed! I got up as usual, but spent slightly longer getting ready and left my house slightly later. I was expecting to get the train which is 20 minutes later than my normal one, but even though I walked really slowly I still managed to get my normal train!! They were delayed again, but must have made up a bit of the time on the journey because I only got in five minutes late...

Secondly, I'm wearing casual clothes today, to make the most of her being away, but this plan has backfired and is just making me edgy! Friday's are usually dress down days in this place, but I wear the usual semi-smart stuff because I'm on reception (I presume I should convey a professional image, albeit a farce). Most importantly though... I've never really known if the casual Friday rule applies to me, so i've never come casual. Today though, when I got up, I fancied wearing jeans. So I did. And now I'm really regretting making that decision because I'm too scared to get a drink from the kitchen as I don't want anyone to notice that I am wearing denim!...

Thirdly, I think I will leave at five today. Not that that's any different to a normal day now though. I'm supposed to work until 5:30pm, but I can't remember the last time I was here at that unearthly hour! There is no point. Even less happens here between five and five thirty, than during the rest of the day... If that's at all possible of course, as nothing happens ever. At any time.

To finish off my 'taking advantage day' I think I will eat at my desk and read my book. Why? Because I can! I love having free reign!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Free Counter
Web Site Counter